View Single Post
LysesKids 04:23 AM 01-10-2017
Originally Posted by lovethosetots:
Hi all,

I am a part time teacher and mom of 3 kids under 5. I'm considering quitting my teaching job and opening a home daycare. I'm thinking this would provide me with more income while letting me stay home with my kids and might be less stressful than my current job. What do you all think? Is this a dumb move? Honest answers please!
There is good & bad with this career lol... most stressful is dealing with parents that don't want to follow policies or losing half your income at one time because people up and quit no notice. Best part is the love I get from my littles (I'm an infant only provider)

One thing you have to remember is that licensing rules limit how many kids you can take (varies by state) and with your 3 being 5 or under there is a good chance that they will be counted for 3 of the spaces... if you live in a state that only allows 6 kids at anytime, you could only take 3 others; can you live off that income? Just food for thought.

BTW, my younger kids grew up in my childcare, now I am an empty nester ( widowed 18 years ago).