View Single Post
MamaG 11:12 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have no issues with a BF'ing mom who wants to pop in to nurse - during my business hours. However I agree with the posters who have said, closing time is closing time. Also, mom would be shown the glider that is kept in the corner of my class room just for that purpose. It's private enough and away from the "family" areas of my home. It's where I nursed my own kids during my working hours

I know this thread is very old (and no idea why so many old threads get bumped here?) but one of the things I do when parents show up right at my closing time is to have kids in their coats, shoes on and the child is pretty much handed out the door with a "have a great night!" I do this because I can't think of any business where I can show up right at closing and expect to be let in. If my local grocery store closes at 9:00, they won't even let me in if I were to show up right at 9:00. I send home a daily note letting the parents know everything about their child's day, so no need for long conversations at pick up when the kids start going off the wall.
Far from feeling as if I am pushing their kid out the door(althought quite honestly after working 10+ hour days I don't care much if they think that I am!), most parents express gratitiude that I make it easy. Just a thought.
I think this would get the point across nicely! If I have plans I have kids ready to go and have met them in the front yard before! Lol