View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
There is some truth in this, Josie! However, sometimes I'm just 'talked-out'. On our zoom meetings, a provider text me and asked why I wasn't talking/speaking up. I told them "I've been in this business so long, every single one KNOWS how I feel already". Just tired of rinsing/repeating. Make sense?
Yes, this!

I absolutely agree that parents change, rules change and expectations do as well but there are times in which I read some of the things that providers post and I honestly think in my head that they know the answer, they just don't want to hear it. Or the ever popular....they want an easy solution because they don't like conflict or confrontation.

It's hard to be a business owner as it is but to manage a business that involves humans on both the child and adult level in conjunction with your own family's needs and there is going to be conflict or confrontation and the short answer is there is no way to avoid it other than to just cave and let parents and children walk all over you or use your backbone. Truth be told, those are THE only options.

Also as a long time provider it's hard to "fluff" up my reply/advice as to not hurt the posters feelings but still state the truth. kwim?

I've watched (and participated) in the evolution of both this board and the role of being a provider and I understand the metamorphosis of what happens to those long time providers as they progress through their careers.

For example, not too long ago a former provider that no longer posts regularly here made a comment about seasoned providers on this site having a "mean girl" attitude and creating an atmosphere here that newbies aren't welcome.

I've gotten PM's from new providers/members telling me that I (as well as a few other veteran posters) are heartless, cruel and basically burnt out. It's almost as if they know that hard work is required to achieve the results they want but rather than accept the advice, they use anger towards those that gave the advice.
(hopefully that makes sense)

I read alot and keep up with new posts etc here but I definitely don't feel the need to offer up advice that does work only to called heartless etc.

As I said, I agree that parents change, rules change and expectations change but most of all providers change. Most (NOT all) newer providers want butterflies and glitter all the time. They don't want to be told clients won't put them first or care about them as people. They don't want to hear those things. They want easy and they want nice.