View Single Post
Nebula 07:44 PM 10-07-2013
Having worked in the Emergency Medical Field for years as a Paramedic and also in the ER, I can assure you- the hospital and pre-hospital personnel will not withhold neccesary life stabilizing treatment from a child.

That being said,I be sure to include in my Emergency Form that the parents will be responsible for the charges.......... It is worded like this

I________________________ give my consent for my child listed above
(Parent’s Name Printed)

to be treated with basic first aid and CPR by the family home staff. I further understand that if the capabilities fall outside of the staff, that my child will be transported to the hospital by [Ambulance Company Name] (###-###-####). I hereby give consent for [Ambulance Company Name] and the receiving hospital staff & doctors to administer necessary emergency medical treatment for my child. Elective treatment will not be given unless I have been contacted and given consent. I understand I will be contacted immediately or as soon as possible after the incident, and be provided with an incident report. I also acknowledge that charges for emergency services from the ambulance and /or hospital will be my responsibility.

And yeah, I have parents get it notarized