View Single Post
LysesKids 01:09 PM 11-19-2016
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
So I am in Alaska, which if I go licensed is up to 8 kids in home care. I can do up to 4 not including my own and be legally exempt. So far the ones that I've found to cover both are State Farm (limit 6 including your own) and AllState (limit 4 not including your own). I have 2 of my own, so it sounds like with insurance I'm going to be tied to the legally exempt ratio no matter what. And if neither insurance company cares that I'm licensed as long I'm following the law, and I can't watch more kiddos if I'm licensed, why bend over backwards to do it? I just feel like I'm missing something here.
You aren't missing anything, it's really not complicated if you talk to the right rep for the company; I must be doing it right because my agent just placed a deposit with me for care of her unborn baby starting in FEB lol.

I started in WV with 6 and was licensed, I went legally licensed exempt with 5 in AR, 4 here in TN as licensed exempt - I would still be capped @ 4 if I got licensed because I do infants under 18 months only.