View Single Post
Brooksie 06:10 AM 10-19-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Don't hate me but I agree with you DD's father.

She WILL have to learn. Kids figure out pretty quickly what is and isn't acceptable in different surroundings and who does and doesn't allow certain types of behaviors/play.

I think with some continuous reinforcement and boundaries, your DD WILL figure out that rough housing is ok with daddy only.

I think like any unwanted behavior you see/have in the child care environment, you just have to be on top of it and try your best to intercept her before she starts getting rough.

I know that isn't always possible but being consistent and firm each and every time, stopping it and using words to convey that wrestling is ok with daddy only and NOT the other kids will have an impact sooner or later.

I had this same issue with my DS when he was younger. I just stayed firm and stopped it any time I saw it starting by saying "No, you ONLY wrestle with daddy." and then would remove him from the situation for a minute.

Rinse and repeat.
Oh that's a great idea! Thanks! I was thinking the behavior was going to have to stop completely, but you're right. I appreciate it. Hopefully she picks up that concept sooner than later!