View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 05:42 AM 10-21-2015
I belong to the food program also and so I serve nutritious meals according to that for lunch and snack. I don't serve breakfast most days. I do have to say that it kinda drives me nuts the talk about the school lunches. Yea, they're not the healthiest that's for sure, but they're actually better than what I had at school when I was that age and we didn't have the obesity factor like many have today going on. I just hate to see the schools blamed for that. It's 1 meal a day. Take a look at any fast food restaurant between 6-8 p.m. every single night of the week. There is the problem. Parents feel the need to have little Johnny and Susie involved in every sport, with practices every night and no time to make a regular meal at home anymore. Then add in the parents like I have right now where the 4 year old wants to get on a power trip and refuse to eat any meal they make, so they give him a lunchable for dinner or lucky charms (which he eats only the marshmellows). I don't recall my parents ever asking me if I liked something or making me something else if I didn't. Don't get me started on the "snacks" in the car that they insist on for the big 1 mile ride home. This, after we just had a snack. Sorry lol. pet peeve of mine haha Oh and let's cut the gym classes in schools due to funding. That's a good idea to keep obesity down.