View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 09:32 PM 09-28-2016
If they kicked you out, then I wouldn't expect to you to pay, as you chose to not bring them back. If my kid was terminated, I would do the same. Now, there are some contracts that have differences between immediate terminal action (they won't let you come back at all) and termination with notice. In some cases, you still pay for the notice period even if it is the provider who gives it. I would read your contract for clarification. As for the behavior stuff, it's hard to give much advice bc I don't know you or your child. Either he is a good kid with a few behavior issues and the school doesn't want to deal with him for whatever reason (may have nothing to do with his behavior, but the write ups could have been the last straw so to speak), or he has severe issues and you and your wife are not telling the whole story. Either way, it's done, so look for new care and check your contract. If you go to court, get your ducks in a row and plead your case. I would think a judge would side with not paying if they terminated services due to behavior. As you said, if he is a liability, why would they keep him any longer? I don't know enough about small claims court, but start with the contract you signed and go from there. Best of luck to you!