View Single Post
mt_griz99 01:42 PM 01-08-2016
We are new parents and found a daycare that in the beginning seemed really great. But over time we have had some issues and began looking for other options (Namely our 6 month old coming home with a black eye and no one knowing how he got it, finding seeds in his poop and them saying they never fed him anything like that, being able to go pick him up and seeing no adults around 6 babies)

When we contacted our provider we told her that we have found an in home nanny that will be much more convenient for us (at this time we drive 20 miles one way to drop him off) and she told us that she expects us to fulfill the entire contract. (6.5 more months)

When we signed the paperwork she asked when we would be needing care, for me as a teacher I said until summer vacation, so we put that date down. She didnt tell me anything that we would be required to keep him there until then. We have read the contract over and over again and there is zero language about how to leave or how much notice is needed (perhaps on purpose).

We gave her two weeks paid notice, and infact he has not been there for 4 weeks because I was home on Xmas break so she got a month paid for not seeing our child, and yet she is saying we owe her either our normal 2 week payments or a payout of the entire remaining amount (1680). Is that normal in daycares? Can she take me to court if I refuse to pay it.

Another tid bit, we found out after the fact that she is an unlicensed daycare and she has also been refusing to give us her Tax ID for our FLEX and taxes.

Any help would be appreciated, maybe I just need to hire a lawyer, it would be cheaper the 1600 im sure.