View Single Post
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 06:20 PM 12-17-2017
Not an expert, but did breastfeed. I would take into consideration the total amount of ounces he's getting in 24 hours, as well as, his temperment. The lactaton people will tell the mom: "You need to educate the daycare that this is all he needs. They will push for more ounces, but you have to educate them."

Some mom's will produce enough to provide more if you request it. Some moms will struggle with those 10-12 ounces a day to give the provider. Those moms will feel put in the middle and helpless.

I was the type that struggled to produce more. With dd those 3 ounce bottles were plenty, she did great. With ds he screamed for more. I listened to the lactation "experts" and insisted to my provider that he did not need more, and there had to be another way to calm him. Afterall, he did not have this problem when he was with me. When I finally caved and started supplementing, he was suddenly a different baby for my provider and I felt soooo guilty for not doing it sooner.

So moral of the story, is that it could very well be enough. And if it's not, don't be surprised if mom resists at first. Be gentle, but insistent of this is the case.