View Single Post
daycare 06:37 AM 02-20-2017
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Hi guys. Haven't posted in a while...

I have a mild situation, but I don't how to curb it.

I have a little friend, I've posted about him before, with lots of small behavior issues. Lately, if any of the girls in my class raise an opinion or try to tell a story, he jumps in and tells her she's wrong, and then corrects her, or comamdeers the conversation. Usually HE'S the one who's wrong .

This kinda ruffles my feminist feathers a bit, because he only does it to the girls and he sometimes frustrates them to tears. We've been doing a LOT of work as a whole class about being respectful, not interrupting, etc so this is not a new concept to him.

He comes from a African family so this may be something he sees happening at home, but it's not okay here...

Any ideas?
I had one like that this is how I handled.
Of course I would be proactive when possible. I would hear one of the girls say something and I would immediately jump in and say oh, why do you think that? Or how do you know that? Most of the time I would say oh yes I agree.

Now if I missed the ability to be proactive, then I would ask the boy, well why do you think they are wrong? Let him explain. Then I would say well I disagree and here is why, or let's go see if we can find out. I did it very respectfully just as you would any other person. After a few times of being put in the situation, he finally stopped.

I actually enjoyed that kid, he just really wanted some attention and wanted to feel smart.