Thread: A Very Bad Day
View Single Post
nannyde 07:42 AM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Ugh, how dumb is that?! Still I don't see how you should even offer to pay for her ER trip. It was nothing, you told her it was nothing and she overreacted. I have in my policies the following

"Medical Emergencies: (Medical Emergency policy and then) .... Parents are responsible for costs involved in medical treatment including any transportation required."

If my child gets hurt at school, the school doesn't pay her medical bills, I do. Why should she be any different?
Oh there's a big difference. School is a public entity where no one single person is responsible for the minute to minute supervision of your one child. There's no money being exchanged between you and the school. If the school is responsible then the "public tax payers" are responsible.

The school has enormous resources to fight any insurance claims. The insurance companies would not even bother with something of this $$$ It would cost them more to fight a well armed attorney rich school district then the cost of the bill.

At school the children are in public. The school must have policies and procedures to protect the group but they are not responsible for the minute to minute visual direct supervision of every kid in the building. It's understood that at school there is not a single adult responsible.