Thread: Pets & Fleas !
View Single Post
Logged out 08:37 PM 01-07-2013
I have heard that fleas hate the smell of eucalyptus. I knew someone with indoor/outdoor pets who said that when they heard about this and planted a euculapytus tree in their back yard and never had another flea problems again because even the existing ones will leave and new ones will stay away. Maybe see about planting one in your yard or getting something with a euculuptus smell (like pet shampoo or a lightly scented laudry soap/laudry sheet or a carpet spray/powder) and see how it works before going out and buying a tree and planting it.

If you think it is for you do some research on the pros and cons and check in with your local licensing regs to see if it is okay- some trees (like oak) and plants (like tomatoes) are not allowed on daycare premises. It's a natural and little-to-almost-none chemical way to getrid of and prevent the wee pests. Even more wonderful news- it smells great.

P.S. I have also heard that many bugs hate the smell lemongrass oil and it is used as a natural insecticide.