Thread: Pets & Fleas !
View Single Post
Holiday Park 09:27 AM 01-12-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
that stinks. Call the vet and tell them what is going on. I brought my cat in thats why I know that I had to give it to him every 2 weeks for 3 doses before I went to once a month.

Just keep vacuming, it stinks but you will see less and less. This happened to me in sept. so i completely understand. I did the borax think too on the carpets.

I also wouldn't discuss it with the parents anymore, for all you know, that child is bringing it in with them too.
Help ! The mom is still teying to discuss it with it me. If I didnt answer her text she would have just asked me in person at drop off on Monday. She said there were more bites on her lastnight as even on her face. I told her that I saw none on her face yeaterday when she was here. She asked if pest control had come yet so I said yea they were coming oday and told her we have never seen fleas in the house or had anyone bitten in the NINE yrs I had my car and five yrs I had my little dog. I went on to explain how they have bern kept up to do date on flea /parasite control , and we even bought a different kind this time including a pill fr them to have any fleas on them killed imediately AND they were both bathed in shampoo and are flea free. And tht we are vacuuming and doing all we can. Then I forwarded the pdf file that pest control sent me explaining what your supposed to do further to show them we are doing everything it said and hopefully if they have the problem at their house they can maybe learn something if they are not doing everything themselves for their own home.
When she first tols me back 1-2 months ago that the bites on her dd were from grammas house I didnt think anything of it.
Well also in the same text today, she told me how her mother in law had a flea problem but it has been taken care of now , and she had been sending dcg to my house with bug spray on her skin :0 ! Aren't I supposed to be told if she is medicating her child ? I would have liked to know that she had been applying bug spray on her before her arrival each day .

What makes me mad is that she could have had the courtesy to tell me her mother in law even had a problem with fleas . And dcg is a biter and the say she first tried biting when I asked dcm about it she was like oh yeah she has been biting us at home. I was mad that time because I felt dcm should have warned me about the behavior so I could watch out for it at my house. When I emailed her back (after discussing the biting incident) and explained that communication was important to me and I would have liked her to tell me she had this problem so I would have known before, and been prepared for it. She said She was not withholding information from me , so basically she thought I was acusing her of with holding that information as if it was being kept a secret from me. Oh and that her biting was not a problem. because I had used the phrase biting problem. I didnt mean it that way as if I thought he was keeping it a secret. I was just telling her that from now on if there are any issues at home that might agfrct me or the other kids in my home that I need to know.

Ok just got a text back and hete is her reply:

"Regardless of of the origin of the few fleas at your house and bites I appreciate you taking measures to control them as my mother in law has done. We do not have fleas here have not seen any and have no animals at all and I am we'll aware of the life cycle. Just wanted to let you know that she had some bites. "

The thing is she already told me twice dcg had bites, so I already knew .and #2 if shes well aware of the life cycle (I had explained about the life cycle) and I've only had this problem for 2-3 weeks and am doing all I can why continue to tell me ??