View Single Post
boy_mom 05:34 AM 02-01-2019
My sons nursery school asks my son at every drop off if he ate dinner the night before and breakfast this morning, if he feels ready to play (aka not feeling sick) and if he has any "boo boos" they need to help him with that day. They always ask him, not me, while I sign him in. I've never thought twice, but then again it is done consistently, every single drop off. It's also done very gently, on a child's level, giving him the ability to answer. They also give me a chance to jump in at the end to explain any cuts, scrapes, bruises, coughs etc.

As a parent I appreciate the time they take and the care with which it's done. I would be a little thrown off too if out of the blue they just said "Hey M, do you have bruises today". The teachers tact could definitely have been better, but if it eases your mind, I think her intentions were in the right place!

I should also add that when I was a daycare provider I checked kids for cuts/bruises every morning and asked parent directly about them, so that there was no chance that I would be blamed for something that didnt happen on my watch! I also informed parents of any "injuries" that happened at day care when they pick up. Open communication is so important in child care!