Thread: State Pay
View Single Post
PitterPatter 09:25 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Do you charge your state pay parents as much as your private pay parents, or do you charge what the state will pay you?

I do not have any state parents right now but was wanting to possible look at changing my rates so I pulled up the rates for state pay clients and WOW! If I were to go on their rates I would lose money big, big time. Most of my parents still pay now more than what the state would be will to pay and I charge an hourly rate.

For my area a full-time infant is $455 a month

Toddler=$450

Preschooler=$425

When I figured up some of these full time amounts by the hours you were making less than $2.00 an hour!!!!!!!! No wonder parents don't want to pay what you are wanting to charge if they know some people are getting it for that low even if it isn't coming out of their pocket.

I'm reallly going to have to go back to the drawing board on this!
Here we don't have a choice. We are not allowed to charge extra. We get paid a set daily rate. For preschoolers/toddlers we get $5 for 0-2 hrs, $10 for 2 -4 hrs, $20 for over 4 hrs.For school age we get $15 per day for over 4 hours. $7 for 2-4 hrs and $3.50 for under 2 hrs. If we have the child LONGER than 12 hrs then we get $4 more for that day. On weekends and holidays we get $4 more also but that's the max ever.