View Single Post
blessedmess8 09:19 AM 08-29-2011
Originally Posted by KDC:
I charge $45/day for full time. I only have one family that feels it might be high, however I've done my homework and called the surrounding area day care centers, as well as family home day cares to see what they are charging. I have a waiting list, my rate is not on the high end for my area, but is around the average. I have a website which has a blog & lunch menu as well as the parent handbook, photos and other useful information for the parents. I care for the kids as if they're my own and the parents feel that. If they're making cuts at home to afford me, I work very hard to make them feel it's worth every penny. If you're priced right for your area, don't feel bad...tell them you've done your homework and other centers are more, or that you're average. Maybe they should have done their homework and thought about child care before having children? (Maybe not say that exactly, but think it and hope they can hear your thoughts!).
Wow! I charge half that and I'm on the high end for homes around my area! :-/ Actually, MY parents aren't the ones who say things like this to me. It's usually friends, family, aquaintances. Maybe the just forget what I do for a living? I don't know! Ha