View Single Post
momofboys 06:51 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I do not drive a brand new car. I can not afford Starbucks, or expensive coffee. I haven't haven't been able to buy myself a new pair of shoes in 4 years. I am a 42-year-old college student. I have a wife, who I love with all my heart, and a 4-year-old son who is the reason I breathe. I am that person complaining about the high cost of daycare. Without it, I don't have anyone to watch my son, but we can't afford it.

On the average, the cost is $151 per week. Per WEEK!?!? Seriously? At 4 years old, for 2 hours 4 days a week. That's 8 hours per week. $20 per hour to watch him play with other kids. $20 per hour to text on your phone, or check your FB status, or 'act' like something beneficial is happening. I'm not worried about education at 4. I take care of that at home.

In my honest opinion, every loser who couldn't get a real job opens a daycare, and then thinks it's ok to charge that amount they do, for the 'benefit' of having them watch our children. I would love nothing more than to stay home and raise my son. But, the world demands I have money. Well...I won't be giving it to any of the blood sucking 'day-bee-sitters'.
That is very harsh. I think you will find on average MOST providers are very highly educated & your comment is very condescending & belittling (I have a 4-year degree & have had several offers for jobs outside of the home but I choose to be at home with my family & MAKE LESS $$ because I value time with my kids). You admit you need childcare but think the person caring for your child doesn't deserve to be decently paid. I agree your rates seem high for the few # of hours; however, typically providers can't fill in hours around when your child isn't there & your child is likely taking up a FT spot. So I really don't think your provider's rates are that outlandish. Find someone else who is more in your price-range if you aren't happy.