View Single Post
Leigh 07:53 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I do not drive a brand new car. I can not afford Starbucks, or expensive coffee. I haven't haven't been able to buy myself a new pair of shoes in 4 years. I am a 42-year-old college student. I have a wife, who I love with all my heart, and a 4-year-old son who is the reason I breathe. I am that person complaining about the high cost of daycare. Without it, I don't have anyone to watch my son, but we can't afford it.

On the average, the cost is $151 per week. Per WEEK!?!? Seriously? At 4 years old, for 2 hours 4 days a week. That's 8 hours per week. $20 per hour to watch him play with other kids. $20 per hour to text on your phone, or check your FB status, or 'act' like something beneficial is happening. I'm not worried about education at 4. I take care of that at home.

In my honest opinion, every loser who couldn't get a real job opens a daycare, and then thinks it's ok to charge that amount they do, for the 'benefit' of having them watch our children. I would love nothing more than to stay home and raise my son. But, the world demands I have money. Well...I won't be giving it to any of the blood sucking 'day-bee-sitters'.

Wow, what a douche! Losers who can't get a real job? I had a real job (at one of the nations premiere employers), a career job, a job where I would be taken care of for life-great retirement benefits with a pension and health insurance for life. I quit that job because I loved my child too much to let him grow up at someone else's house, letting them be the ones to experience the best of his growing up. I went from making $1500 a WEEK to making less than that in a month.

How DARE you accuse me of charging too much!

And to think that all I do is watch your kid play with other kids? I am the one wiping your kid's nose, holding him when he is scared, teaching him how to use the potty, reading to him and helping him learn his numbers and letters. I am the one who teaches him about socially acceptable ways to act (something YOU apparently are not capable of, based on the content your your statement), and I am the one you should be THANKING for taking care of your child.

What, exactly, DO you think it is worth to pay the person who, literally, spends more time with your child than you do? I DID use daycare for the first year of my son's life, and I regret it like you won't believe that I missed out on all those hours with him. NO amount of money would make up for it. However, his daycare provider was kind and loving, and he adored her. This did provide me some comfort. Don't complain that you can't afford a new pair of shoes when you're coming to an internet forum to bitch that someone won't watch your child for free. How are you managing to pay for your internet? Do you call your internet provider and complain about the price? I promise you that THEY are making a much higher profit than I am.

I swear to you that I am JUST breaking even in daycare. My daycare funds just cover the cost of groceries for my household, and then for toys and supplies for daycare. I SHOULD charge twice what I do so that I can make a profit like every other company aspires to do, but then douchebag parents who make $25 an hour will bitch about the cost of their $2/hr. daycare.

Know what? I am charging the SAME price that some daycares in my town were getting TWENTY TWO freaking years ago. Would YOU go that long without a raise? And, something "beneficial" IS happening, loser: Someone is taking care of your child's physical and emotional needs while you leave him for 10 hours a day. If you don't like what you're paying for daycare, you can do what I did: I quit the job of my dreams, gave up all luxuries, started shopping thrift stores and using coupons, and stayed home with my child. If you are SO jealous of my fabulous life, have a shot at it yourself!