Thread: Masks
View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 07-23-2020
My state just implemented a state wide mask requirement as well but daycare's in-home and centers have options.

Kids under 2 should NEVER wear one due to suffocation hazards and kids under 5 can wear them but don't have to.

Kids over 5 must wear them UNLESS the provider cares for a mixed age group and then we can have the 5+ yr olds forego wearing a mask if we notify all parents and include it in our written COVID plans.

Parents MUST wear one when on the child care property.

Providers and staff do NOT have to wear one.

I wrote up my plan and handed it out to parents. My plan includes the above but I did require ANY kid over age 2 to wear one IF the child has any interactions with family/friends in a social setting outside of care (ie birthday parties/family reunions/etc) or if the child travels outside of our community.

Too many of my families are having huge birthday parties still and going to mommy and me groups at parks etc.. They are traveling to water parks, zoos and other places and it kind of freaks me out a bit so I added the last part to my COVID plan...just a small safety net that makes me feel a bit better overall.