View Single Post
Mariposa 09:20 PM 07-23-2020
Hard answer.
On one hand-they may be in a hardship financially, and if you're in good financial position, it is a nice, compassionate thing to do. It also could give you bonus points-they may be out off by being charged, but they may really appreciate the financial break and remember that long term as one of the reasons to stay in care.

But, as a business person who needs the money, and you're holding the space, it may be the best option to have them pay full price regardless.

I say do what your heart wants.

I have a 50% off 3 plus days at my discretion for long term-pays for admin cost and holding spot. I don't share why but if a parent just decides to keep a kid home for no reason, or go camping every other week, they pay. If they have 1 vacation a year, the child is sick, etc, then I will deduct funds as an act of compassion. It is not to say people are not compassionate otherwise. I am not having to make ends meet (and when my husband gets laid off in Sept, if he cannot find work, I still won't be making ends meet at all! But we have savings) so I have that ability-many don't.