Thread: Pink?! UPDATE
View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 09-20-2012
Ok, I talked to mom and she said she was aware of the issue and she too thought is was some sort of bacteria (serratia marcescens ????) that she said she found out about after doing some internet research. She also said she thought that taking some probiotics had long ago cured it.

FWIW~ the baby is NOT getting any type of supplements or medicines or anything other than formula.

She said she also gave the baby the same probiotics and thought for sure it was gone now as she hadn't seen any evidence of pink staining etc since taking the probiotic. She had seen pink stains in the baby's cloth diapers as well as the bottles and the breast pump.

Now the baby has been on formula (several different kinds) over the last 4 weeks or so, and mom is no longer pumping or using breast milk at all.

So last night I purposely left the baby's bottle out on the counter (unwashed) to see what would happen. Here are the results.

Can you see the hot pink film over the top of the left over fomula? It is in the nipple and up the sides of the interior of the bottle too. I have a blanket the baby threw up on yesterday and the spot is seriously hot pink now.

My blankets and the PNP mattress pad are permanently stained as the pink washes out of the glass bottle parts but not out of material (fabric), plastic or rubber surfaces. I don't know if this is something I should be excluding for, something I should be sanitzing for as it is supposedly a bacteria of some sort.

I am kind of leary now about the whole situation as I really am worried it could be something that is spreadable to others or something that is a REAL cause for concern. I wish there was more info about it out there as I don't really know what to do. Mom doesn't seem real concerned about it but I am.

I just have no idea.
Attached: 67185_272827606162518_559755743_n.jpg (52.9 KB)