View Single Post
storybookending 01:00 PM 02-22-2018
I think if I were you I would start by shortening my hours. Put out a notice that as of XX/XX/18 your hours are now 7:00-X:XX. Honestly you could say 7:30 and only effect the one family. You don’t need to have a reason. Give them a week or two to decide if this work for them and stick with it. Start with this and see if things get better. Possibly add in a drop off cut off time of the family that arrives within a 2 hour window needs it. Consistency is important for children.

What did you initially agree on with the PT child. If it was a set 3 days you need to stand firm on this and say no when the parents push it. Tell them you would be more than happy to switch days for the child if they were willing to pay the part time rate.

I would also try to get all of the children on the same schedule if you can. Although this might be hard with the 6 and 10 month old. Create a routine/schedule and stick to it. Do a lot of gross motors activities to tire out that 2 year old that doesn’t want to nap. Get outside in the morning if at all possible. Teach them that not napping is okay but not laying quiet for rest time is not an option. Play soft music of audio books, have the problem child in their own room for rest if you have the space. Use your firm voice when they try to get up and/or disturb others.

Remember to take some time for yourself. If your hubby doesn’t work weekends set a time possibly on Saturday morning where you leave the house for an hour or two without your children. Leave them with the hubby. Same time frame every Saturday or whatever day you pick. Use the time to run errands or just go to a park and sit for an hour or two. Bring some music and go on a walk or a book and just be alone for awhile to destress and recharge. Self care is so important especially when you work a job that had long hours and at times can feel kind of thankless.