Thread: Snow is Melting
View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:47 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
What do you guys do when the snow is melting and your yard is a swamp? Do you still take the kids outside?
Going on a walk is not an option.
I let the kids play on the front deck for a few minutes at a time. Licensing doesn't expect us to take the kids outside every single day without using some form of common sense.

In MN playing outside is much more dependent on weather than many places so I don't think anyone would be in trouble for not bringing them out when it's nothing but wet outside. I'd fight that one endlessly if they tried to cite me for not bringing the kids out daily.

My biggest pet peeve in this particular area is those parents that have the least independent kids or the hardest to manage kids ask "Did you get outside today?"

It takes everything in me to not reply with "Don't YOU have outside at YOUR house too?! YOU take them out!"

My yard is a perfect mix of snow and water puddles too... those with winter boots are warm but wet and those with puddle boots on are cold and dry...
...and the prospect of taking an "organized" walk around the neighborhood isn't very appealing right now so we stayed in today.