View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:55 PM 06-12-2015
Originally Posted by Laura5287:
No, He just came and picked up his things. I had to give them two weeks because of my contract. Covered all my bases. It is done and over with and I feel so much better.
It was a situation that kept getting worse and I kept trying to do things that would try and help the boy but when they tell him it is ok to push back and hit back it is not esp. the age difference or for any reason. I told them it is not acceptable here to promote violence and it was just getting worse.
Happy that it is done. So proud of myself for finally taking a stand.
NO WAY..... If a child is a physical danger to other children there is not a law in ANY state that would require you to HAVE to give a two week notice.

His behavior is enough that you would have been completely legal AND justified in terminating immediately.

Blaming others for their child's behavior is simply uncalled for. If you are big enough to do it, be big enough to own it.

If you are licensed I would call your licensor immediately and let her know what happened because I guarantee you that this family isn't going to walk away quietly if they thing any one else (especially you) are the reason for their childs behavior.

They are in for a rude awakening late in life if they continue blaming others...

Glad they are done and gone from your care.