View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:50 PM 11-14-2012
You'd be surprised at how a child can learn to adapt and step up to the rules and expectations placed on them. What you see now as a follower, may just prove to be an excellent leader when all the other older kids are no longer present.

Also for every leader we have in the world, you need a follower or two or the leader would not be a leader...kwim?

The dynamics of a group are so unpredictable and complex that you would be doing yourself and them a great diservice to think that they won't or can't step up to the plate when the time comes.

I have had several DCK's that I thought were surely going to fail or not be all they can be, only to find out that they did not fail and were much more than I gave them credit for! Kids I thought would be shy and meek in school turned out to be the ones who were bossy and in charge while kids who were really great leaders here turned into shy, quiet and reserved children with a new group of peers and a new environment.

The variable in every environement are so different and ever changing that one just never knows what the future holds! Just keep encouraging them and you just might see bigger stronger and even more talented leaders!