View Single Post
gbcc 03:59 PM 01-21-2010
What is policy for a child being locked out of the home. I have awesome communication with the transportation manager at school. When in doubt she will always call me and she trust my word. We have an agreement that if the parents can't be reach then for safety purposes the child is safer coming to my home.

As far as policy, children in grades k-3 grade are NOT allowed to be dropped off at a home until the bus drivers see the parent. If no parent is present or comes to the door the driver leaves with the child and calls the transportation manager to get ahold of parent/care taker. The child is brought to the bus garage and waits until they can get ahold of someone. In grades 4-6 the driver does not need to see a parent, but needs to wait until the child goes into the home. 7-12 they are just dropped off.

Do you have a PTA at your school? If so I would invite myself to a meeting and lobby that those changes be implemented. You can also file a grievence with the town board and demand the issues be addressed. Just keep going higher until you get results. I would assume in your state there is a edcation department in your capital that oversees educational institutions.