View Single Post
AmyLeigh 04:00 PM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
maybe I am the odd man out here, but you don't give any kind of grace period? I give 5 min grace period each way. lets face it, its impossible to get anywhere exactly at a certain time. DC is the only place that it's not good to show up 10 min early and its bad to show up 5 min late.

I would not be billing for 2 min over pick up. If it were more than 5 min after pick up, then yeah I would be giving them a bill. whats a difference of 3 min??? it's a buffer.....

I have a time clock now, but when I didn't I removed their time sheet and put a late time sheet out there that they had to sign.

so if they there pick up was 500 then at 505 i would remove the normal sign out sheet and give them a late sign out sheet. In bold red letters at the top said late pick up or late sign out.

are there other issues? how long have they been with you??
I have a short grace period also, but only because it has not been abused. On my advise, all of my families have given themselves an extra 10 minutes on their contracted pick up times to avoid this problem. It's enough time in case there is an issue like you mentioned and to call if there is going to be a longer delay, but not enough to run a bunch of errands before picking up a kid.