View Single Post
AmyLeigh 07:21 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by Jujube835:
This is long. I need advice from people who have their daycare in their home.

How do you guys handle having your home always be public? I feel like I can never get any peace because someone is always showing up at my door. Like last Sunday.. I was looking like a mess, cleaning all day and playing with my kids. All of a sudden there's a knock on the door.. so I answered it not knowing who it was, and it was someone looking for daycare! I was in raggedy old clothes with my hhair literally piled on top of my head from the night before. It was MYYY day to look like a mess if I wanted to. But now I can't stop having anxiety attacks about these parents telling the whole town that I'm unprofessional and dirty.

Plus, with the day to day I'm always worried about how my home appears and about having parents show up unannounced. Had a ton of garbage this week? Well it looks awful overflowing at the top of my driveway on trash day. Kids are all napping and I need to poop? NOPE parent shows up when I'm smack in the middle of my business. Cooked some delicious food last night? Well that gross food smell is lingering in the morning when everyone is dropping off.

I feel like I'm ALWAYS on duty, even off hours

Someone help me figure out a balance!
Just the way I think of things....

This is my family's home, and I happen to run a daycare in it.

This is NOT a daycare that we happen to live in.

See the difference?

If you think and speak this way, your potential clients will learn to view it the same way. And if they don't? Eh, you wouldn't want to work with them anyway.