View Single Post
Tasha 08:48 AM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I knew this lady would call and try and bait you on the phone and i was right. You did the right think OP. It is not your problem if other home daycares wont take her, which is a possibility, thats her problem. So even if she is right, it is not a good argument because you cant decide for every other place, just your place. With how rude she was being, I feel that this is final clue that she DID know the allergy. She will probably find some newbie provider that will take her and deal with it. It wont be safe most likely but she will find someone.

I had a mom not let me know of an allergy and show up the first day of care with a "oh by the way, here is her epipen". There are a lot of parents that dont take these allergies seriously, they will drop their kid off and let you deal with it. I had a provider friend that had a daycare baby have a severe reaction, the provider was never notified of the allergy, the ambulance came, the mom NEVER showed up even though she was called! She said it appeared the provider had things under control and she stayed at work! ugh, some parents just really dont care.
These examples just astonish me! It's interesting to me to know that I am not the only provider who this has happened to. In a weird way it makes me feel better to find out it's happened to other people. But it also makes my blood boil.