View Single Post
Thriftylady 12:24 PM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Yes and no. You may be surprised to find out just how bossy, bullish and entitled some parents can get when they are told no. I believe some of it stems from the parent not truly understanding what it takes to keep a child safe and sometimes I think it is a from a parent who simply does not care and feels entitled. As providers we get to meet some incredibly wonder families and children. However we also get to meet some of the most dense, uncaring, parents who feel their child puts them out. While I am sure you can't fathom putting your child somewhere where the provider feels she cannot in good faith keep your child safe, there are parents out there who simply don't care and are happy to not have to deal with the problem for X amount of hours each day.
This is so true. It is why I quit doing daycare the first time I did it. Some of the parents were over the top, and I didn't yet have backbone enough to even begin to stand up for myself. I still don't in some ways, but this group helps me when I don't.