Thread: Help
View Single Post
284878 06:08 AM 08-24-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Parents who raise their children to be gender neutral don't CHOOSE to dress their child in clothing generally worn on the opposite gender.

Gender neutral means exactly that. Nothing that denotes the gender of the child.

In this case, the mother is dressing the male child like a girl child (or what society feels is generally female clothing).

I think notifying CPS is a good idea.

NOT because the child is in any immediate physical danger or because the child wears pink or purple clothing (who cares) but I think a call to CPS might be warranted because of possible mental illness. Seems the subject has been brought up to mom before and she is aware of her child being teased/bullied because of it and yet she still does it.

I would NOT be concerned about a pink or purple shirt or butterfly anything as I don't feel those are strictly limited to a female wardrobe. What I would be concerned about is the bows in the child's hair and the deliberate attempt to make the baby look like a female.

Since this child is an infant, the child did not pick out the items to wear. Makes me wonder if mom isn't suffering from postpartum maybe?

Also OP stated in her first post that when she tried to inform mom about the bullying, she got upset.

So mom knows about the situation she is creating for her child yet continues to put him in harms way.
That warrants a call to CPS in my honest opinion.

I've dealt with mental illness in a parent before and I will be the first to say a "perfect portrait" doesn't always tell the full story. The children don't have to be unkempt, unfed or in poor physical condition to signal abuse.
"The children don't have to be unkempt, unfed or in poor physical condition to signal abuse."

I agree, some of the most well dressed, clean and healthy looking people have been abused.