View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 10:44 AM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
Here's my theory. The younger generation does not have any respect for the older generation. Because things have changed regarding how children sleep, how their fed, and other drastic thing that have changed, this younger generation doesn't believe that grandparents are capable of raising their children.

Also, I think a lot of us came from working mothers who are still working today. The generation before had moms who stayed at home and raised the family and either worked at night or weekends. I think people also were closer to their communities than they are now.
That is interesting! I have seen the lack of regard or respect for grandparents from a few of my dcps. They seem to forget that they were raised by these same people and they do have more experience with children than the parents do. I'm not saying all grand parents are awesome or fit to care for a child (), but I always looked to my mom and grandma for advice, so I cannot even imagine not listening or seeking out their advice when it came to my children. Seems like that extended family childcare has really gone away in favor of structured daycare.