View Single Post
TXhomedaycare 12:24 PM 08-29-2016
This is a very interesting topic and I am enjoying seeing the responses. I have not been doing home daycare long but I spend a lot of my time feeling sorry for kids today. I read an article yesterday that what titled Why My Kids Are Better Off In Daycare. There were literally hundreds of responses from moms stating that they are better parents because they take their kids to daycare. Most of the time when I see mom articles I only see complaining, defending poor choices, making excuses and only thinking of themselves. How do parents (both mom and dad) not realize that it is not about them once they decide to have kids. My husband and kids come first and I schedule time for myself when I can but they are my priority. I chose to have kids and it is my job/responsibility (and they are counting on me) to take care of them and prepare them for the future. I quit my job and started a home daycare because I refuse to leave that job up to someone else. I was raised old school and still have that mentality of no excuses, you take responsibility for your actions and it is not about how you feel you need to treat people fairly and do things right.

My parents are in their 60's and they both still work and they rarely ever ask to watch their grand kids but I don't ask often either because they still work. My parents moved from Ohio and Michigan to Texas before I was born so I never grew up with grandparents that lived close enough to spend time with so I guess I just missed out on that all together. I do remember going to a home daycare and being watched by the parents of childhood friends when my mom was working but my family always ate dinner (homemade)together and my dad took my brother and me out most weekends to have fun and give my mom a break. I got to grow up and watch my mom and dad be a team and they were both involved in our lives and they always expected us to do our best. We seem to be getting further and further away from some of those basic principles and that is what makes it hard to childcare providers.