View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:50 PM 08-29-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
Do you think this, the government regulation, has impacted daycare in a negative way?
No. The state regulations my state have not changed all that much really. The only difference between now and when I first opened is safe sleep being taken much more serious than in previous years.

The overall licensing regulations in my state though are pretty simple and haven't gone through too many changes.

yet.

The ONE thing that has changed drastically and had the most impact on me is liability.

Like, making it more expensive fro those who cannot qualify for assistance?
Nope in this area too. Like I said previously the rates in my area haven't changed a whole lot and as a matter of fact, CCAP (child care assistance program) has done the most changing (in and of itself) and the number of families that use CCAP has increased tenfold.

It used to be that the families struggling and needing assistance were like really really dirt poor. Now the majority of families I have in care using assistance drive the newest cars, have college degrees and own their own homes.

They also have the most amount of kids (either within the same set of parents or with the same mother).

Or, make it less accessible to find caregivers because they don't want to deal with the laws?
We are have tons of providers in my area (both legal and illegal) so finding care isn't too tough for most people.

Infants are hard to place but it really isn't due to lack of space but more to do with lack of providers willing to take on an infant. (this is of course a whole 'nother topic )