View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:04 PM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
*emphasis mine. YES!! You know what happens when day care employees finally get a degree?! They LEAVE because they can't pay off student loans making $9 an hour.
Until they address how providers are going to make the amount of money necessary to fund the degree, they are creating a bad situation.
Many of the college courses I took to earn my degree were out of pocket expenses I paid for. myself but many of them were paid for by my area child care QRIS program.

It was incentive to enroll. I was monetarily rewarded for completion as well.

Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
On the other side of things, it bugs the heck out of me that 20 yr olds with 2 year degrees are called Teachers just like my husband and me, who have 4 year degrees. Other professions have titles that indicate degree of education (CNA vs RN for nursing, RDA vs DDS for dentistry, etc) I think the field of education should have similar designations. JMO...
totally agree!

Originally Posted by Leigh:
I don't like the idea of planned curriculum for kids under Kindergarten, I don't feel it's appropriate.
lol! I have to have written and planned curriculum covering all indicators of progress/learning domains (including assessments) for infants.