View Single Post
Leigh 05:43 PM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Many of the college courses I took to earn my degree were out of pocket expenses I paid for. myself but many of them were paid for by my area child care QRIS program.

It was incentive to enroll. I was monetarily rewarded for completion as well.

totally agree!

lol! I have to have written and planned curriculum covering all indicators of progress/learning domains (including assessments) for infants.
I'd hate that! I do work hard to challenge my kids-I have a therapist who I work with on emotional issues, I have a Physical therapist here twice a week, a home health nurse, birth to three, Occupational therapist and feeding and speech therapy here, too. I don't ever let a kid "slip through the cracks" here. The kids do learn here to do their best always, but I hate the government setting those limits for kids-they develop at their own pace, and that's how it should be. Our entire day is curriculum here, IMO. A walk to the park can be a science lesson, a game can be a math lesson, a book can be a lesson in philosophy. I will never support the government requiring standards for kids under kindergarten level. They all seem to get there on their own.