View Single Post
Mom2Two 11:44 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I wouldn't term the family but I would just continue on my merry way.

"Sorry DCM, this is the rate regardless of how many days you attend."

I don't see any issues with a child attending more than one place. Kids are resilient and I've never really had a child that wasn't able to adapt to two different environments. It happens all the time. Preschool activities, preschool itself, mom/dad split custody, moving, etc.... kids figure it out pretty quickly if you are firm and consistent about your rules, the different rules or procedures at other places won't play a role in your program.

As for the micro managing mom is doing... I just reply with short, factual responses and don't try to negotiate a compromise or defend my policies, methods and/or routines.

"Licensing requires outdoor play for ALL children. If you are concerned about DC baby's clothing, please send him only in clothing that can get dirty."

"Yes, my DH is part of my program. That is usually the case with IN HOME family child care programs. He will help out and assist when necessary and is permitted to by licensing but I am the predominant caregiver."

I would expand on why or when your DH watches the kids and I wouldn't explain to her anymore than what your rule is.

The more info or details you provide to her when she questions things the more ammo you are giving her to nit pick. Keep it simple, factual and to the point.

YOU Set your policies and rules.
SHE gets to decide ONLY if they work for her or not.

If not, she can submit proper notice.
Yeah, this is about where I'm at. I asked mom this morning what she had decided and she said that she was late for work (true) and could we talk at pick up. So DH is going to take DD to her therapeutic riding lesson today so I can talk with mom.

But I can't really guarantee that he can do it all the time. It's simply not possible to not include DH in our home/family business.

All my parents drop in unannounced at some point, same with inspectors, of course. I have never given any of my families reason to feel like this put me off at all.

I wonder what she wants to talk about? Does she want to use the threat of leaving to try to negotiate? That would make me sick. I guess I'll find out at 3:30.