View Single Post
Ac114 09:33 AM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I don't call it a deposit. I call it a fee. Deposit implies that they can get it back.
My two-week security fee is non-refundable, once I get it I don't give it back unless either myself or the client terminates care within the trial period and has already paid me for services rendered or if the started as full-time and moved down to part-time and then gave a proper 2 week notice and didn't owe me money so that when I applied the two week fee there was money leftover.

The two week security fee is applied towards their final 2 weeks of care first, then if anything is left and money is owed it goes towards that. Any remaining money owed is still due and any extra money leftover is returned via mailed check after the child's last day of care.

Does your contract have a trial period clause that says any party can terminate with no notice during this time?
If it does I'd return the money because you haven't rendered care yet and she's within her legal limits ... unless ...
Your contract say fees are non-refundable then you don't have to refund them.
I do not have a trial period in my contract. Just that a two weeks notice is required by either party but I may also tern immediately if necessary.