View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
hey everyone,I just returned from a former DCB's preschool graduation.You might remember me last year.I had a heart attack and closed Daycare unexpectedly. I have been trying to figure out my life since.Everyone thinks (or at least a lot of people) That without DC they would do so many things.I finally feel betterish(medicated).I played with the idea of Nanny job or re-licence and only take a few.After this morning I think I need to move on. Ive been told.Don't get me wrong I know I am lucky to have a choice.Retireing is about finding ways to fill each day.Articles I have read say Do what interested you when you were young.....I babysat from 12 yrs old through high school then tried nursing school(no go).Got married started a family and fell back into childcare for 30 yrs.I tried reaching out to some old friends but everyone is busy.My husband still works so I keep the house (somewhat,I do expect his "warning"call before coming home)I always cleaned and made meals ect.My children have their lives and Grandsons are at school(I was so lucky to have them in DC when they were little. I am not a great gardener (I did well with children)but flowers seem to wither . Just thought I would throw this out there ,you guys have been great with DC advice and I love reading the forum still. Thanks in advance and I do try to remember to enjoy each day we are not promised tomorrow.Nan
Have you thought about being a regular substitute for other area daycares?

In my area finding a sub that really knows and understands the world of daycare is near impossible and having someone I could call and schedule in advance would be AWESOME!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!