View Single Post
saved4always 12:55 PM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
Just to clarify ... Just because you do not have a license to provide childcare does not mean that you are not a good care provider nor does it mean that they do not follow the same safety and cleanliness requirements that someone licensed does.

In fact I am a mother of three and provide unlicensed childcare in my home. My home is always very clean (not just for the children I care for but for my own family as well). I provide the best care for the children I care for the same as if they were my own children.

To be honest with you ... I think some of them receive better care when they are in my home than they do when they are sent home with their parents.

Being "licensed" does not in anyway make you a better provider than someone that is not licensed.

As long as we follow the guidelines in our state for an unlicensed provider then no one should have a thing to say about it because honestly ... as long as we are following all guidelines that we are suppose to as far as our state goes its really none of anyone else's business.
Yep, I totally agree with you! Until this month, I did unliscensed childcare in my home. I would like to add to what you have said just for clarification to those who, like "unregistered" to whom rhonda responded, keep insisting on confusing the terms. Unliscensed does NOT mean ILLEGAL! For Ohio, where I live, a LEGALLY UNLISCENSED provider can care for no more than 6 children ages 6 and under. Of those 6 children, only three of them can be under 2 years old. I had no desire to watch more children than 6 (actually, I preferred 3 or 4 ) so I did not feel the need to become liscensed. I had no problem filling my spots and my kids and their families loved me.