View Single Post
Play Care 11:05 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by MamaB'sKidz:
DCB just turned 3 in June and all the sudden won't take naps. He usually naps everyday from 12:45 to 2:30 and I would usually have to wake him up. We are following the same routine here at daycare and I've talked with mom about any changes at home. She says no changes there. This little guy has some delays and though he's not been officially diagnosed I believe he's on the Autism Spectrum. He's non-verbal but makes lots of sounds and he doesn't respond to directions. For example, if I asked him to play quietly, I don't believe he is able to comprehend. I've tried to keep him occupied in the kitchen while the others sleep but he gets very loud and woke my 2 little ones. Mom doesn't want me to give him naps anymore. She thinks he's outgrowing them. I have other children in care and they all nap. The older ones nap In the playroom and younger ones in the living room. Any ideas?? How would you handle this?
I would not start allowing him "out" of naps/quiet time. "DCM, if Tommy Has outgrown naps, then he has outgrown my care. Is this your two week notice?" All said with a sincere time and a big
I simply do not have the space to accommodate non-nappers, and I'm clear about that up front.