View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 08:31 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Message: "I loved meeting your family! I am going to be interviewing with interested families until (insert date). I will then decide which family I will be taking. Thank you!"

Then you send a "Sorry, I wish I could take everybody, but the spot has been filled" message.
I guess I don't see where the lie is by doing it this way. If I have a prospective family, I interview and if I am not sure it is such a great fit, in my head I am already planning to do more interviews to see if I can find a better fit. Even if I feel they would be a great fit, I tell them to go home and think about everything and I will contact them in the morning so I can sleep on it. For my own financial sake, I leave the door open in case I can't find anyone else and I take my time deciding, even if I have no current interviews scheduled. If they need immediate care (like next day care), I won't be a good fit for them unless they are past clients or highly referred. If I do find someone else or if I decide my finances can take the hit, I tell them I have decided to go another direction or that I have filled the spot.