View Single Post
nannyde 05:36 AM 02-07-2011
There's always going to be someone telling you that what they bring you is plenty and enough. I don't discuss breast milk amounts because the amount the parent brings is often not what the baby presents as needing.

The thing to do is to use up what she brings as the baby needs it and then right when you are done feeding the child the last amount call to have her picked up immediately. You should never have a child in your care who doesn't have any milk available. Not only should you have todays but you need a big reserve in your freezer for back up.

The Mom can either get you stocked up or she can come care for the child when you don't have milk available. Just don't wait until the baby needs it to call her. Call when you are OUT.

I don't do spoon feeding until they hit eight months. I would not offer baby food as an option to a five month old.

Don't let ANYONE fool you into thinking that if they say the WORDS it's enough then it's enough and leave you with a baby that has ALL the signs of a hungry infant. You don't have to have much experience at all to tell hunger in an infant. Just a few months of caring for babies and you will know exactly what it looks like. Don't be told what you are seeing is anything else but what you know.