View Single Post
Country Kids 12:06 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
For my family appt's, I try to schedule all dentist appts, in one day and I take that day off. So, I am taking 2 days off a year for dr/denstist appointments. I take one of the days and also schedule physicals. It makes for a very long day, but it all gets done.
If something needs to be done like a cavity filled, or something like that, I either schedule them for the last appointment of the day and close a little early, or we get the first appt of the day and my husband goes to work a little late. If there are things that are fairly consistent in the time it takes, maybe your husband could use his lunch hour once in awhile, like for the braces.
I do not have a back up and all my families understand that there are times when I will be closed and they will need back up care.
I'm trying to still figure out how to only quote part of a reply. Sorry it keeps turning out the whole quote. Anyway my husbands lunch is the same time as the orthos and my husbands work they have set lunch hours. We are still getting very use to his job as before he was a suporvisor and could kinda come and go as needed but his company closed. This is the first time I have had full time childcare in 3-4 years and like I said my MIL was able to help me up till this last December. I may just have to take the late afternoons off and go from there. Thank you for all the help and suggestions!