Thread: That Family
View Single Post
Unregistered 10:52 AM 09-08-2016
Telling them "no postdated checks" then saying "if you want to write a memo I'll hold it until then" is the same thing. Right there you enforced a policy and broke it.
That shows them they can continue to do whatever they want. I would absolutely charge them a late fee, only take the payment in cash, and not let them come back until it's paid. When they do it again (which they will) DO NOT allow them to drop off their child until they pay...ON TIME, every time. Paying that late, and not caring about the fact that you are taking care of their child all day is complete disrespect and I would not advise letting it go that far anymore. I totally understand the "I need the money" aspect, but as you said, you're not getting any money from them. I'm sorry if this came off as rude at all, I just can't believe these people would put you in this position, but people will treat you the way you show them they are allowed to treat you. You need to put on your game face, and tell them this is unacceptable and if they can't follow the rules, they can go find someone else to pay whenever they feel like it