View Single Post
Unregistered 10:09 AM 08-31-2012
For the past several months my son has told me nearly every day that he doesn't like the daycare kids and wants them to go home. He has his own spaces that he can go to to play (both his room and the living room). He gets one on one time with me before they get here, at naptime, after they leave and whenever possible throughout the day. He is not spoiled and is very well behaved, generally shares well and plays nicely (he is two nearing three). I started my daycare about a year ago to be with him but he genuinely seems unhappy especially toward the end of the week. By Thursday I'm reassuring him that it's almost the weekend, the kids won't come and Daddy gets to stay home. At what point do I take his comments seriously and consider closing? I mean, are these just normal feelings for a child growing up in a daycare or should I consider making a change? If I went back to work he wouldn't have to be in a daycare everyday (maybe just a preschool type program a couple days per week) as our finances have changed over the past year.