Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
tymaboy 12:19 PM 11-05-2010
For those that do not know what has been happening I have a a post in the Vent thread about the family Page 4 post #200 (last on page) They called the day before I reopened to let me know that they would no longer be coming. Today I recieved this email. I pretty much knew they would put up a stink about it. Can someone help write an email back to her that will sound professional & hopefuly makes it harder for her to fight it?

Originally Posted by :
We will not be able to make it over today to pick up *** things. I think she may have some clothes, diapers, and a blanket there?? I have off Monday so I will call before I come. I will also pay your for last week. Luke and I do feel that we should get our deposit back due to having to take off work so much lately and the stress and time of having to find other people care for her when you were unbale and it was on such short notice.
Here is what is in my policy (that they signed back sheet saying they read)

Registration Fee: All families are required to pay a $50.00 (per child) registration fee. You have the option of paying this before your child(ren) starts or with your first weeks payment. The fee protects me from NSF checks and unexpected family departures from child care. This will be refunded towards your last week of care providing you give me a two week written notice as required before termination of care, and have no other outstanding fees owed to me. If you don’t give me proper notice and/or have fees outstanding, this fee will not be refunded.{/quote]

Provider Vacations: Each year I may take up to four week's off for vacation. You will be notified at least 2 weeks in advance (or as much notice as I can, due to husbands business trips and sons appointments) as to which weeks/days that I will be closed. You will not be charged for any time that I take off for vacation. You are required to arrange and pay for your own back-up care.

Provider Illness and Emergency Time Off: Please have back-up care available to you. I can never know when to expect an emergency or when I may become ill. The amount of notice I can give you is never known. Please be prepared so less conflicts occur.

Those are from my policy this is from our contract

Registration Fee
• Refundable $ 50.00 Registration with a 2 week written notice of termination of care (with no outstanding fees owed.)

I realy hate this type of thing & need help to try to maintain a back bone & still stay professional.