View Single Post
Mom&Provider 05:18 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by daycaremom76:
So we have contracts in place to protect us but we aren't supposed to be sticklers about enforcing them? So whats the purpose of having a contract then if we don't follow it?? I couldn't imagine sending a parent a text message telling them that I am terminating care.
I don't think anyone is saying what she did wasn't unprofessional, for sure you'd get slammed if you did it to her and a text message is not appropriate.

I don't think it's fair to say a text is written notice, I mean really!? Yes it is a text, you can see it in words like a written letter, BUT come on it's pushing it a bit! We all know "written notice" means a letter, on paper, put in our hands...but due to technology today there are soooo many ways to get around doing things the right way...like in person and actually communicating with people!

Is she coming in with her daughter at all for further care or is she saying she is done and won't be back? I'd text her back and say you require proper written notice of her two weeks per the terms of your contract. At least then she can't say you never told her! Better yet, CALL HER! Tell her a text message is not acceptable and you need a formal document stating she is leaving care with the date 2 weeks from today. If you have to say it's for your files and is 100% required, then do it.

As for getting the extra days, I'm not sure how well that will go over. The others might be right and you may end up out more then just that if you push her. BUT, I think you have every right to try if you wanted to, just be ready for some push back from her too. GL!