View Single Post
daycare 10:47 AM 08-03-2014
Originally Posted by Rachel:
Where do you get your ideas from?

I need to start working on more curriculum next year. I am not looking for something formal, rather to decide on a theme for a couple of weeks and tie activities into it (I know one of the first ones I will be doing is apples).

So where do you find good ideas? No English library here, so all the "read this book or that one" aren't too helpful (I do have some books, but not a ton in specific themes and no English library to go to).

I'm looking mostly for projects, coloring pages and pages I can print, laminate, and put velcro on for my carpet board. Or things I can trace / make for my felt board. So some good clip art sites (where it would print big, not tiny), and some good sites of coloring pages (so I could print and color my own stuff), as well as ideas and themes to do. I'm looking to do 2 or 3 a month, and just tie stuff together loosely (so for apples I would work on red, but not in a "here is red" type of way, more like the apple is red. And have things on the board for the kids to take off and on (maybe big & little apples), and have a felt tree with apples hanging, that kind of stuff.

I was also thinking if there are a few of us that do our own stuff, maybe we could put together themes and trade. Upload google docs and you take all my apple stuff and I can take your stuff on fall.

Anyone interested in helping me improve my curriculum??? Please
Pinterest is great.
I buy a lot of my books from amazon and save them.
I don't need too many books off that subject at least 4. I read the same book everyday for 1 week.

From Pinterest you could get some good read list and then buy for a few dollars off of Amazon.